Thursday, February 7, 2019

Matthew 22:36-40 - "Dream Small"



These words were going through my mind when I woke up this morning...

Dream small
Don't bother like you've gotta do it all
Just let Jesus use you where you are
One day at a time
Live well
Loving God and others as yourself
Find little ways where only you can help
With His great love
A tiny rock can make a giant fall
Dream small

This is the way I strive to live but I know I don't always succeed. If we all at least tried to live in this manner, we would be living in a different world. As we talked about how this world is last night in our group, I was saddened to think about it yet I was encouraged when Doc said we are living out the last days as found in scripture. There is so much for believers to do in these days but the most important thing is to love God more than ourselves. We need to love others more than ourselves. What does that look like?

Keep loving, keep serving
Keep listening, keep learning
Keep praying, keep hoping
Keep seeking, keep searching
Out of these small things and watch them grow bigger
The God who does all things makes oceans... from rivers

Yes! The more we live in this manner, the more others will have the same desire. It is possible to see God take 'rivers' and make them into 'oceans.' I truly believe if more people walked in obedience to His will there would be more miracles seen on this earth. We would see more physical bodies healed but most importantly we would see spiritual bodies healed. We would see addiction taken out of people; blatant sin in people's lives to be gone; physical, mental, and emotional abuse to no longer be; relationships to be restored; etc. Life can be different but it takes change. It takes people who love the Lord to go deeper and allowing Him control of their life. It takes people who love the Lord sharing Him so others will also be in relationship with Him. If "A tiny rock can make a giant fall," then believers need to start believing as David and start knocking down the 'giants' of this world. Is it possible? Of course it is but only when we have faith in the Lord and allow Him to work in and through us. Woo hoo! I am ready to see what 'giants' God will use me to knock down today!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love that is so instrumental in my life. Thank You for the privileges to love on others to the point change is seen. Thank You for cleansing me this morning so You can fill me with more of You. Thank You for going before me and empowering me to knock down 'giants' today. Father, You know the hurts and the desires of my heart. Would You please continue to guide me through them? Would You be greater than anything that comes my way today? I know You can as I allow You total control of every aspect of my life. I am so blessed by You. Thank You once again for our group last night. Wow, God! I love being a sponge to learn more about where You walked. It brings back such special memories of our trip to Israel. Thank You once again for the way You lead Doc to teach us. Thank You Jesus for being My Giant Slayer. Amen.

No comments: