Saturday, February 23, 2019

I John 5:4; Psalm 62:1-2 - "Never Once"


When I was awake throughout the night with physical issues, I decided I would pray. God brought to my mind a roller coaster. This has been the second time in the last few weeks where He did this. Life is like a roller coaster ride. There are ups and downs, thrills, fears, etc. throughout our days. I am so thankful God is my Constant Companion to get me through such days. As I thought about a roller coaster, I thought about how when ascending a roller coaster there is anticipation. You wonder if you are going to be able to handle the downside that is coming. That is much the same with when you are dealing with things such as illness, relationship issues, etc. The only way to get through such times with peace is to lean upon His strength. When one walks in His will, He is the strength that can not compare to any other. He is the empowerment needed to stand in victory. My sister bought me this yesterday...


Woo hoo! We must realize every victory God blesses us with, even if they are small. The enemy does not like when we do so. The more we celebrate, the more we will have to celebrate. Waking up each morning should be a celebration but it usually is not something on most people's minds. It is easier to celebrate when God blesses us with a 'good' diagnosis, financial means, etc. But we need to celebrate more often. God loves to hear our praises. He loves to shower us with blessings. Psalm 62:1-2 reads:

I wait quietly before God,
    for my victory comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress where I will never be shaken.


Woo hoo! "My Victory"..."My Rock"..."My Salvation"..."My Fortress"... YES! He is all of these wrapped up into One. How is that possible? It is only through my faith.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being My Victory! Thank You for being my supernatural empowerment on the roller coaster of life! Thank You for all the blessings You give me each and every day! Lord, cleanse me so I can be Christ-like to all I meet and speak to today. May You be greater than me today. Shine brightly through me in my actions, words, and attitude. Thank You for being My Constant Companion! Amen.

No comments: