Friday, February 22, 2019

Ephesians 6:7-10 - "Soul On Fire"


Before I went to bed last night the Lord had me praying for people going through 'tough' days. There are some who are strong in their faith while others are not in relationship with Him. They were the ones He had me focus on. I do not know how people get through the 'tough' days without His strength to lean into. There were a couple times throughout the night He woke me to pray. One time it was to pray for my dear friend Billie who leans into God as she is fighting her battle with cancer. He had me pray for her to hold onto Galatians 6:9 and not give up. I am so thankful she is in relationship with the Lord. Another friend who is suffering with cancer in her body and continues to fight is also in my prayers this morning. I pray for her as she continues to minister to others even through treatments. I am so grateful these sisters in Christ depend upon Him. I also am grateful for the way He leads me to depend upon Him. The song "Soul On Fire" was in my mind throughout the night and again this morning. Specifically, these words...

God, I'm running for Your heart
I'm running for Your heart
Till I am a soul on fire
Lord, I'm longing for Your ways
I'm waiting for the day
When I am a soul on fire
Till I am a soul on fire

We all need to run for Him so we can be "a soul on fire"! I am so thankful for the day He pulled me back when I "wandered" away. He pulled me out of the "darkness" into His Light and for that I am forever grateful. I also am grateful for the way He is using me to love with His love as I minister to many. Galatians 6 is about not giving up as we 'work' for Him. Both of the ladies I prayed for throughout the night are serving Him even while dealing with cancer. Another one (Peggy) is a pastor's wife who is on the 'C' journey. I pray for her and her husband to lean into Jesus as they are in this battle. May they continue to run into His arms. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for many dealing with 'C' during the night and again this morning. Thank You for bringing those who need to find Your strength into my prayers. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing so people will see/hear You instead of me. I pray for Your love to ooze out of me in such a way that there is no doubt You are my strength. Lord, go before my dear friend who continues to fight the battle of 'C' today and be her strength. Go before Billie, Peggy, Dale, John, and Mike today as they continue their fight  with this horrible disease. I am so grateful each one of them have Your strength. I also am praying for those in physical battles who do not know You to find You. I pray for those who know You yet do not depend upon Your strength to realize how different their life can be. Lord, thank You for the blessing of the roof being put on the church building. Thank You for the blessing of the beautiful weather yesterday and today. Thank You for the blessing of having my sister Linda with us. You are so, so good at blessing us! Thank You Jesus for being My Light! Amen.


No comments: