Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Psalm 24 - "I Can Only Imagine"


The Lord took me to Psalm 24 this morning. I love this Psalm. It encourages me to be "clean-handed" and "pure-hearted" (vs 4). It also encourages me to be ready for His return (vs 7). Matthew Henry writes, "We can only be cleansed from our sins, and renewed unto holiness, by the blood of Christ and the washing of the Holy Ghost." There is no other way to spend eternity with Him. It is only by His blood that our slate can be wiped clean. There is no way the things we do will on this earth will get us to heaven. It takes saying 'yes' to Him and walking in obedience to what He asks of us. The only way we will walk through the door of heaven is to be ready in our hearts for Him. I am so ready for the 'junk' of this world to be gone and to be living in peace in heaven. I can only imagine what heaven is like. There is no way to be able to comprehend it from earth. But I do know it will not have the evilness of this place. I also believe there will be many people who have kidded themselves on this earth that will be surprised when He does not accept them into His Kingdom. He offers grace to all but only few accept it. He offers holiness to all but many do not believe it is possible to live such a life. He is the King of Glory. He is the Only One who can give eternal life. He is the One all need to surrender to. Sometimes I sit back and see people pretending to be Christians yet they refuse to be Christ-like. They refuse to let go of the 'power' they have over their lives. They like the money, prestige, etc. too much to allow God in. Money is not a sin but money can sure make people sin. When Jesus comes to our 'door' and knocks, we must be ready to allow Him in. As He goes through our 'house' cleaning out the 'junk,' we must be ready to give Him access to every closet, every nook and cranny. He already knows about every aspect of our life. We may try to kid ourselves in thinking He doesn't but He knows all. There is no hiding from Him. There also should be no putting off the decision to allow Him full access into our lives. We never know when our days on this earth our over. We may go out today and be killed in a car accident. If we are not ready for Him, we may be turned away. I desire to be accepted into heaven with open arms. I don't want any question as to that. It is not always easy to make Christ-like decisions but I know He is always with me as I do. I desire to be "clean-handed" and "pure-hearted" as long as He has me on this earth. I know a part of that is sharing His love with others. I pray I will do that better every day He gives me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these words of encouragement this morning. Thank You for reminding me of what it takes to be welcomed into heaven for eternity. Thank You for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to love with Your love yesterday and the opportunities You will give me today. Father, I pray You will cleanse me so I can have a pure heart. I pray You will fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit so Your love will ooze out of me. Lord, there are so many hurting people in this world. I pray if they are not in relationship with You, they will be drawn in today. I pray those in relationship with You yet are not walking in obedience to Your will will come to the end of themselves today. Lord, may more people find the road to heaven today. May more people accept Your grace and their eyes be opened that they can be Christ-like. Thank You Jesus for being My Goal! Amen.


No comments: