Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Ephesians 3:14-21 - "From the Inside Out"



I woke up at 5AM with these words going through my mind, fell back asleep, and they were with me at 7AM when the clock went off...

Everlasting
Your Light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your Glory goes beyond all fame

Your Will above all else
My purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing You praise


I asked God to tell me what He wanted me to receive from this song. He told me no matter what happens in life, I need to keep my focus on Him. He told me I need to praise Him no matter what. He asked me, "Daughter can you do this?" I told Him I could and would try my best to keep praises on my lips. He told me He would empower me to do so If I allowed Him. I asked Him why He was asking this of me. Don't I already do this? Have I failed at doing this? He told me, "Your toughest days are ahead." Those are not really words one wants to hear but yet I am thankful He is My Strength to get through whatever is ahead. Whatever is ahead will draw me deeper in my faith. The way I am through it will be a witness for Him. That is what is the most important aspect of life. I do not know how people get through life without His strength. I do not understand why people who know Him refuse to continue to live in the ways of the world. It just does not make sense to me. What makes sense is allowing Him to empower us throughout the bad times and the good times. "My purpose remains" no matter what happens. Jesus did not die on the cross just for something to do. He died for all of us so we could live. When He died, His Light did not quit shining for His Heavenly Father. He rose again to show us how powerful He is. He is greater than the leukemia John is fighting. He is greater than the cancer my friend is fighting. He is greater than the fear the enemy is trying to put upon me with my mammogram this morning. He is greater than the cancer is Little Richie and Little Natalie's body. He is greater than Little Eli's immune deficiency. He is greater than the turmoil in marriages. He is greater than the addiction many are dealing with. Plain and simple. He is greater!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder from this song today of my need to stay focused on You. Thank You for giving me the desire to live in Your will. Thank You for the way You empower me to do so. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me so I can be a beacon of light for You today. May Your words, actions, and attitude flow out of me in a way people will know You are the One in control of my life. Father, I pray for those who are not in relationship with You to find You. I pray for those in relationship with You yet are holding onto something that is making them not surrender fully to get to the end of themselves. Father, go before me today and pave the way for Your love to ooze out of me. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: