Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Psalm 98 - "Reckless Love"


 

Woo hoo! "Sing to the Lord...shout for joy to the Lord...burst into jubilant song with music..." That is exactly what I did last night. It was so awesome to have Doc playing the guitar and Jack on the drums. I love singing with 'live' music! It is so different than the 'canned' music. There is such a freedom for both the instrumentalists and the vocalist. I loved every minute of it. The walls of our garage seemed to be shaking as we lifted our praises to God. No matter what the avenue of music, I love lifting my voice in praise and worship to Him. God is so great and does so much for us to praise Him for every moment of every day. When going through tough times, it may be hard to see but there is always something to praise Him for. If we wake up in the morning, that is a praise. I have been physically tired with pushing myself so much. When Doc got up, I asked him to let me sleep another half hour. It was wonderful to sleep eleven hours. I praise God for His rest. I praise Him for the bus starting yesterday when Doc jumped it. I praise Him for being with me as I worked on school work last night. I praise Him for loving me so greatly as He carried me through the day. I praise Him for answering prayers. I praise Him for being with people who are hurting so greatly such as the teen who lost her Momma in a house fire; the family whose daughter is missing from a boating accident; one who is awaiting test results; another who is in the ER; John being released from the hospital...the list goes on and on. Most of all I praise Him for giving people spiritual strength through sermons such as the one Doc shared Sunday. It was one that encouraged my heart greatly to continue to strive to live a life of holiness. I praise Him for giving me that desire. I praise Him for directing my path to walk into opportunities to share His love with others. As Doc and I had our Mentor/Student meeting last night, I realized I need to be doing this more. I need to be bolder in sharing the gift of salvation with others. I am bold in sharing the gift of sanctification with believers but I need to get better with those who are not in relationship with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the time last night with Doc and Jack. Thank You for filling my tank up as I sang. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for the eleven hours of sleep. Thank You for the way You will open doors for me today to share You with others, especially those who are not in relationship with You. Thank You for being the Great Physician for those who need Your touch today in their physical bodies. Thank You for being exactly what is needed for those who are going through 'tough' days. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Lord, be greater. Be real. Ooze out of me in a new, different way. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Praise. Amen.

No comments: