Thursday, August 25, 2016

James 4:14 - "Show Me Your Glory"


God took me back to James 4 this morning and in fact He took me verse fourteen. It is 'funny' how things come back to our minds. Last night as I was getting ready for bed I started thinking about tomorrow. I prayed about the 'what ifs' that can happen when someone with MS goes under antiseptic. Throughout the night I had bad dreams over and over. I would wake up and go back to sleep only to have another one. Then the Lord reminded me of this verse. He knows what tomorrow holds. I do not have to worry about it. I need to be strong in Him and allow the Holy Spirit to protect me from anything going wrong. Sometimes it is easier to say those words to someone else than to live them out myself. But I refuse to allow the enemy an open door to make me fearful. "...on earth as it is in heaven." Yes! There is no fear in heaven. Therefore, there will be no fear in me. There is no doubt in heaven. Therefore, there will be no doubt in me. There is no worry in heaven. Therefore, there will be no worry in me. "...on earth as it is in heaven." This is what I am praying over myself today. It is so much easier to pray for others than myself but the Lord is guiding me to do so. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of this verse. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You for enabling me, through Your Holy Spirit, to be victorious over fear, doubt and worry. Father, I know I can't be the only one going through such a circumstance. I pray for others who need reminded of You today. I pray for You to speak through someone to them that will encourage them. Father, I pray You will fill me to overflowing so I can be of encouragement to someone today. Thank You Jesus for being My Everything. Amen.


No comments: