Thursday, August 18, 2016

Psalm 90:17 - "Favor"


I just love how the Lord works in bringing things together. During corporate prayer time Sunday He brought Psalm 90:17 to my mind. The word 'favor' is one that was brought to us when we visited Beaufort in February. Actually, as we sat by the waterfront and prayed for the Lord's direction for our lives this picture was taken. I am still amazed at the beauty of His creation each and every time I walk outside. It is amazing to not only to see His creation but to hear the different sounds of this place. The birds, the waves when we are at the water...it is amazing. Today is my day of prayer and fasting. I am praying....

  • Psalm 90:17 over our church
  • His favor to be upon us
  • His will to be glorified in every decision that is made
  • for the prodigals to return
  • for boldness to come through my husband
  • for open doors to bring people into our church family
Matthew Henry writes about this verse: Let us pray that the work of the Holy Spirit may appear in converting our hearts, and that the beauty of holiness may be seen in our conduct. Another commentary says:  let the beauty--or sum of His gracious acts, in their harmony, be illustrated in us, and favor our enterprise. John Wesley's commentary on this verse reads: The beauty — His gracious influence, and glorious presence. In us — Do not only work for us, but in us. (The word 'favor' is also used with the word 'beauty' in some translations.) In reading all of these, my translation of Psalm 90:17 would be:

May His Holy Spirit be our Guide so all we do glorifies Him!

Yes! I am praying that everything that is done by each one in our church family is done through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The only way that can occur is for each one of us to be surrendered to Him. We must have our focus on Him in order for us to live out His will. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of this word this morning! Thank You for the day in February as we set by the water and prayed and You spoke. Thank You for all the ways You continue to provide blessings upon us through this time of transition. It is so hard being so many miles away from friends and family. Thank You for the encouragement You give through the videos from Ben, the cards, the words of encouragement through many. Thank You for the new friends we have made and the ones who are yet to be made. Thank You for the giggles last night that warmed my heart. Lord, today as I pray and fast for my church family I am asking a lot but most of all I am asking for 'favor' to come down upon us as a church body. Cleanse, purify, sanctify us all in order that You will be seen and heard through all of our words and actions. Thank You for being My 24/7! Amen.

No comments: