Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Matthew 10:27 - "In The Secret"


As I read Matthew 10 this morning I stopped at verse twenty-seven to ponder. There are many times when the Lord wakes me in the middle of the night to pray for an individual or situation. "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight" is something I try to follow. When He has me praying for someone, I do my best to let them know. As I do that, they will know He loves them and is watching over them even when they are sleeping. I believe in this particular verse the Lord is telling His apostles they need to have a time of one-on-one with Him before they could go out to spread the Gospel. That is exactly what He desires of us. He wants us to be in prayer to open up the lines of communication with Him. He wants us to be in His Word so He can speak through it to direct us. He wants us to be silent before Him so we can hear His voice. When these things are accomplished, then we will be ready to "...proclaim from the roofs" what He gives us. Intimacy with the Lord leads to fulfillment. As we draw deeper in our relationship with Him, He will become more real. On one hand, last night was a tough night with Mordecei having issues throughout the night and me getting little sleep. On the other hand, God sure had me doing a lot of praying. I prayed for...

  • the Momma burying her 11 year old daughter Friday due to a sudden death
  • the parents of the young man who left this earth
  • a church in dire need of hearing from the Lord
  • a pastor who is so discouraged with the situation his church is in
  • a wife who is struggling with her husband choosing things outside of their marriage
  • a bi-vocational pastor who is struggling with keeping up with life...church, job, husband, children
  • two pastors who are recuperating from major surgeries
  • a young lady getting ready to leave for the Army
  • a family taking a leap of faith in caring for their loved one at home
  • a pastor seeking to know the Lord's will for him and his church
  • an elderly man who is in a nursing home for 30 days of respite care for his wife as she undergoes surgeries
  • a loved one struggling with high sugar
  • a loved one struggling with the pressures of life and turning to addictive ways
  • a couple who need to seek the Lord instead of the ways of the world
  • a lady in severe pain 24/7
  • teachers and students as they prepare to go back to school
  • first-time college students, especially those who will be leaving home
  • the wife who is leaving her marriage; the husband who has emotional issues; protection over the children
  • the couple in ministry who are between churches and needing the Lord to show them the next step
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for so many different people! Thank You for the intimacy we share! Thank You for the way You provide exactly what I need, exactly when I need it! Yesterday's letter from Miss Evelyn was such a blessing! Lord, You know the desires of my heart and provide for them so greatly! Lord, bless my children and grandchildren in a mighty way. I pray they will know how much I love them but more importantly they will know how much You love them! Father, today is a new day and I look forward to seeing how You will use me today. I look forward to You filling me with You so You will ooze from my words, actions and attitude! I praise Your Holy Name for encouraging me when doors I thought would open are closed. Father, continue to guide my path to Your will. Thank You Jesus for being My Intimacy. Amen.


No comments: