Monday, August 22, 2016

James 4:8 - "I Am Not Alone"


This morning I woke up to the words of a song Kari Jobe sings called "I Am Not Alone" and immediately started praying for many who are going through tough times.

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me [2x]


Praise His Holy Name! He is always with us! I wonder if Noah felt alone as he was obedient in building the ark. Or if Paul felt alone as he spent many days imprisoned for sharing the Gospel. I am sure in their humanness there were times of feeling alone but I also believe in their spiritual lives they knew they were not alone. That is how it is for us today. In our humanness when we go through tough times there are times we feel alone. But in our spirit we know the Lord is with us. In order to have this knowledge one must live a life for Him. Noah was known as "a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God." (Genesis 6:9 NIV). His way of living was the way we should live today. As we draw nearer to the Lord, we will receive His peace in the midst of the storms of life. We will receive His love, mercy and grace to get us through not only the 'good' days but also the 'bad' days. We will still go through tough circumstances because it is through them that our faith grows. The difference is that we will have Him to see us through.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder from this song this morning. I know You are always with me, no matter what. I am so thankful for that knowledge. I also know Your strength gets me through tough days and strengthens my faith in a mighty way. Father, there are some going through some pretty tough things right now. I am praying they will come to know You if they don't already. I am praying if they are in relationship with You that You will take them deeper. Oh Father, comfort the family who lost their young child yesterday. Put people before them that will love on them with Your love. I pray for them to find You in the midst of their pain. Thank You Jesus for being My Comforter. Amen.

No comments: