Thursday, August 11, 2016

Matthew 10:7-8 - "God of Wonders"


The direction given to the disciples in Matthew 10 is pertinent to us today. If we are His followers, we should be ready and willing to do His will. As I was reading this chapter again this morning, I stopped at verses seven and eight. I feel like a failure as I read them. The Lord has blessed me with a physical healing. I need to pass it on as the last part of these verses direct. I need to not only proclaim the Gospel but I need to be instrumental in being active in healing in not only physical bodies but also emotional and mental bodies. I have never been a part of raising someone from the dead in the physical sense but I have been in the spiritual sense. When I was a Chaplain at Mercy, I had a lot of opportunities to pray with people. As I lived out my daily life in Willard, opportunities came my way. Now here I am in a different place with knowing few people. Opportunities are few and far between. I feel like I am failing the Lord on a daily basis. I need to pray for His direction on ways to get to know people or at the very least get out into the world. Leaving my comfort zone of fifteen years has got to be more than what I am doing. I know He has a plan and I just need to realize it. I miss my 'norm' but I have to find my 'new norm'! I woke up with these words in my heart...
Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth. Yes! I will sing these words as You "reveal Your heart to me..."

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for second chances! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Father, I need Your direction in a mighty way. I don't want to feel like a failure. I don't want to feel like I am not doing what You brought me here to do. Lord, would You fill me to overflowing with more of You? Would You love on people through me in a mighty way? Would You open doors that will allow me to find my 'new norm'? Father, I want You to be proud of me. The desire of my heart is for people to be healed from physical, emotional, mental and most of all spiritual issues. Oh Father, I am so sorry I am struggling in this area. I am sorry I have stayed in the walls of this house too many days. I am sorry for any opportunity You put before me that I missed. Plain and simple....I am sorry. Forgive me...lead me...guide me...direct me...empower me to do better! Thank You Jesus for being My Director! Amen.

No comments: