Monday, August 15, 2016

Matthew 12: 31 - "Good, Good Father"


As I asked a little boy yesterday if he had ever asked Jesus into his heart, I was stunned by his answer. "Yes. But He doesn't live there." I thought I misheard him so I asked again. Same answer. I didn't know how to respond but knew I needed to find out what he was thinking. I asked him why he thought Jesus didn't live there and his response broke my heart. "I'm bad." At that point I wanted to give him a big hug and tell him Jesus loves him and does live in his heart since he had invited Him in. But before I could say a word a very wise fifth grader said, "That is not true. The only way Jesus won't live in your heart once you've asked Him is if you speak against Him." I went on to explain that when we have Jesus in our heart and we sin then we must repent. We must tell Jesus we are sorry and He will forgive us. He looked speculative and seemed to be pondering on what we said. It was the end of class and as we walked out I prayed for the Lord to bring this little guy back. I don't know if he learned this at home or church but it breaks my heart to think about it. He looked pitiful as he talked about Jesus not being in his heart because he was bad. How many people are walking around in the world today with this same concept? How many people are told they are 'too bad' for Jesus to love them? How many people need to know there is a cleansing power through the love of Christ? Oh my heart breaks because I know the answer to these questions are 'many'! It is the job of believers to spread the truth. It is our job to reveal the hidden gems found in His Word so people will have freedom in Christ. It is our job to encourage people with the love of Christ. I was so proud of the fifth grader who not only stood up for what he believed but most importantly he knew what he believed! I wonder how many adults would do the same if they were put in those shoes. I was taken aback by the response of the little boy and didn't respond very quickly. I believe one of the reason for that is that God wanted to use the fifth grader to speak the truth.

Dear Jesus,
You are so awesome in the way You show through children, teens and adults! You are so awesome in the way You love on people through others! You are so awesome in the way You gave this opportunity to plant new seeds in this heart yesterday! Father, I pray You will bring this little guy back to class so we can share more of You with him. I also pray for the four who responded to seeking sanctification in the service. I pray You will empower them to walk in Your path this week. The enemy will work overtime trying to discourage them but Father, You are greater than the enemy and for that I am grateful! Lord, today is a new day. I don't know what You have in store for me but I do know I am ready to do Your will. Bless my words...my actions...my attitude in a mighty way today! Fill me to overflowing with more of You! Thank You Jesus for being My Sanctifier! Amen.

No comments: