Thursday, August 4, 2016

Matthew 10:28-31 - "Sparrows"


Sometimes it seems like the day just get started and it is over. I look back and wonder if I accomplished everything the Lord desired of me. I pray I did not miss an opportunity to be Jesus to anyone. Sometimes there is great joy as I reflect on the day while other days I am saddened. The greatest part about living for the Lord is knowing He is directing my days. If they do not go as I think, that's OK. I am not the one in control, He is. This morning I started to be upset with starting my day off way later than normal. Then He reminded me that He is in control. I needed the ten hours of sleep He provided. Nothing of this day needed me up earlier. Everything He desires of me can be accomplished in this day. What a blessing in knowing He is the One in control of my day! He is also in control of today for so many people I am praying for. I pray they choose Him today. I pray they will see Him in their difficult circumstances. I am praying for...

  • one dealing with high sugar and now on insulin
  • one seeking a new job in another area of the country
  • one seeking a full-time job
  • one seeking a part-time job
  • two families in turmoil
  • a couple starting a new life in another state 
  • a family in the midst of a move
  • one who had surgery yesterday
  • one who is very angry with God
  • one whose cancer has come back not only in an area where she previously had it but it also has spread and she has started treatment
  • a family watching their love one slowing be over taken with cancer
  • many families getting ready for school to start and the financial drain it has on them
  • a "retired" man working 55+ hours a week
  • one who has lost a toe due to infection
  • a widow who is lonely
  • the parents with the wayward son
  • one who feels like she just can't go on due to being so tired from life
  • one who is concerned about her family's finances
  • one who is having a procedure today
  • one dealing with a difficult situation with someone she cares about that needs help mentally but most importantly spiritually
  • one going through a MS exasperation
The list is long and sometimes can be overwhelming but I am thankful the Lord gives me opportunity to pray for people. It is a privilege to have people all over the world send me prayer requests. They know I will pray when I say I will. It is so cool when the Lord brings people to my mind throughout the day. I have been praying for one who has been swayed by a certain group of people. I find it interesting there are so many gathering places of this group of people in my new area. Every time I pass one I pray for him and his family.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the ten hours of sleep! Thank You for the comfort this morning in the reminder that You are in control! Thank You for the videos from Ben and Emily's children last night! Thank You for all of the ways You bless me! Lord, today is a new day and I am thankful for whatever You put before me. I pray You will use me in some mighty ways today. I pray You will open doors to ministry for me today. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You as I go throughout this day so people will see and hear You through me. I pray for not only myself but for others to realize You are in control of this day when we surrender it to You. Thank You Jesus for being The One In Control. Amen.

No comments: