Sunday, August 14, 2016

Matthew 11:28-30 - "Healer"


This morning the Lord took me back to Matthew 11:28-30 for another look at His rest. In the words of John Gill His rest is: "peace of conscience, ease of mind, tranquility of soul, through an application of pardoning grace, a view of free justification by the righteousness of Christ, and full atonement of sin by his scarce..." He continues that His rest can be eternal when we live a life for Him. I love the way He describes eternal rest...."in perfect, and uninterrupted communion with the Father, Son, and Spirit"! Woo hoo! When one thinks about this type of rest compared to spending eternity in hell, you would think there would not be any question of how to live. Unfortunately, the ways of the world are enticing over the ways of living a life for Christ. For some people it is easier to go with the flow of the ways of the world than to be obedient to Christ. Some say His ways have too many rules. Some will even argue there is no God. To that I say look around at the beauty of His creation and tell me there is no God! People who are so 'tired' in their life are people who are either not believers or they have not surrendered wholly to Him. Some of them are ones who think they have surrendered everything but they are still holding onto something. Sometimes people do not even realize they are holding back something. The only way to feel His rest is to accept it. In order to accept it one must be in relationship with Him to the point where His voice is heard. The "perfect, uninterrupted communion" with Him can be found on this earth when we pray "Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven..." His will, not ours. Heavenly attributes can and will be realized on this earth for those who truly seek His will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for taking me back to these verses this morning. Thank You for loving me so greatly that You have enabled me to see heaven on earth multiple times. Lord, I pray for those seeking You. I pray for those who are so tired of carrying around the sins of their life and need to lay them down at Your feet. I pray for those who are holding onto something that is stopping them from experiencing Your will to the fullest. Oh Lord may more people come into relationship with You in such a way that the world will not longer be enticing to them. I pray for those addicted to receive freedom through You. I pray for those who are sick to receive healing through You. But most of all I pray for those who are spiritually sick to receive a complete healing in their spirit through You. Lord, fill me to overflowing today so people will see and hear You through me. Thank You Jesus for being My Rest. Amen.

No comments: