Friday, August 5, 2016

Matthew 10:16-20 - "The Way"

The Lord took me Matthew 10 again this morning. As I read verses sixteen through twenty I was stopped dead in my tracks. "do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." This is exactly what we, as followers of Christ, need to remember when we converse with people about the Lord. He will give us the right words. What we need to remember is that it is not up to up to save someone. That is the Lord's job. We are to be obedient servants when He puts someone in our path. He will take care of every detail...including our words. The key is that we must be in relationship with Him to where we can hear His voice. These words in Matthew were written to the twelve disciples. They had a relationship with Him. These words were also spoke for the benefit of all believers. They should be remembered when people talk negative to us. Sometimes we need to keep our mouths shut. We should only speak back to them when He gives us the words. This is not easy to do but necessary at times. Some people tend to try to get us to say nasty things by being nasty to us. We must remember people are watching and listening at all times.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder today of the importance of being in relationship with You. Thank You also for the reminder that You provide whatever we need when we are sharing the Gospel. Lord, I'm not sure where You will take me today but I pray for boldness in Your words through me. I pray for You to shine through me in a mighty way. Lord, I thank You for waking me at 3:11 to pray for one for protection. I pray You will be his strength as he continues to pastor in the place You have put him. Father, I also pray for the many babies and children on my prayer list that are struggling with physical issues. I pray for strength for their parents. Thank You Jesus for being Fulfillment. Amen.

No comments: