Sunday, August 21, 2016

John 12: 47-48 - "Holy Spirit"


Today will be a life changing day for so many people. Many will make a decision to follow the Lord as they listen to Him speak through a pastor. Some will be for salvation while others will be for sanctification. Some decisions will be for a life-time while others will be for a short-time. No matter whether the decision is taken seriously or not there is one thing that is for sure. Every decision made today will determine where one will spend eternity. The decisions made are serious ones. They are ones that will not only affect people's days on this earth but it will affect the days after leaving this earth. It is hard to watch people allow the ways of the world take over their life. It is hard when people won't accept the Lord. It is hard when people won't embrace a life of surrender. Plain and simple, it is hard to watch people make decisions that pull them farther and farther away from the Lord. I was reminded in John 12 this morning that I am not to judge people. My task on this earth is to share the Gospel. God is the One to save them. He is the One all will answer to on the day of Judgment. My actions are what I will answer for along with the opportunities He gave me that I did not accept. I will pray for people's salvation. I will pray for people who know Him to go deeper with Him in a life of surrender. I will pray for more of Him in myself. I will not fret over what He desires of me because I hear His voice. I will not worry about if I miss an opportunity He gives me because of His love, mercy and grace. I will live a life of surrender which will not include judging others.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the day ahead! Thank You for those who will make a decision for You today. Thank You for Your love, mercy and grace. Thank You for encouraging me. You are so awesome! Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You through me today. As I prayed earlier for pastors You gave me words like 'boldness in their words' and 'love in their actions' as they gave what You laid on their hearts. You had me pray for some who are hurting to not allow their hurts to hurt others. You had me pray for the Holy Spirit to intervene into services. Father, whatever pastor it is that is going to see the Holy Spirit fire fall onto their service I pray they will listen to You. Oh Father, how we need more of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Thank You Jesus for being My Encourager. Amen.



No comments: