Tuesday, August 23, 2016

James 4:5b - "Thy Will"


The Lord's will...how do we know what His will is? How do we hear from Him? What if His will doesn't make sense? Does He ever change His mind? These are all questions that are asked over and over. Sometimes it is easy to know His will because one hears from Him so clearly. Other times there is a struggle to hear His voice because of where we are in relationship with Him. The peace that comes from listening to Him and walking in obedience is so awesome! Sometimes that peace doesn't happen even when we are walking in obedience because His timing is different than what we think. That does not mean we are not being obedient. It means He has something for us to learn through the experience. Hilary Scott wrote "Thy Will" about a tough time in her life when she miscarried. Her pain is felt in this song. She was in a place where she did not want to be yet the Lord led her through it and her faith became stronger.

Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Like a child on my knees all that comes to me is
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
Thy will be done
I know you see me
I know you hear me, Lord


There are times when we may become discouraged because we think we are doing what He wants and it feels like nothing is happening right. It is in those times we must remember that His will is perfect. His will may not always make sense but it is perfect.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this reminder this morning. Father, I am praying for three individuals in particular that are seeking Your will today in specific areas. I pray for Your peace to come down upon them in a mighty way. Father whatever Your will is for them, I pray You will be glorified in them. Thank You Jesus for being My Will. Amen.


No comments: