Saturday, August 20, 2016

Psalm 23:6 - "10,000 Reasons"


A few weeks ago the Lord woke me up in the middle of the night to pray for a pastor friend. He told me to pray for protection for his soul. It didn't make sense to me then and it continues to not make sense to me as He woke me up at 2:34 AM last night. I questioned God about if it truly was this man I was to pray for and He assured me it was. I then questioned Him about why and He said, "It is not for you to know, Daughter. Pray." So once again I prayed. It is unsettling to me when the Lord does things 'out of the blue' like this but I will be obedient. When I woke up this morning and started thinking about it, what exactly does it mean to pray for protection for someone's soul? Does it mean he is going to encounter something evil? Does it mean there is something in his life that is not of God? Does it mean he is wrestling with his beliefs? I will probably never know the answers to these questions. I am perplexed by God's request but I will be obedient and pray. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your favor upon my friend. Thank You for the opportunity to pray for him. As I pray for this dear man, I pray He will put on the armor of God each and every morning before his feet hit the floor. I pray for his ministry to prosper. I pray He will be strong in his faith and not give into any temptation the devil may put before him. I pray the same for myself and all believers. I pray for Your strength to be our strength as we go out into this dark world. I pray for Your boldness to be our boldness as we spread the Gospel. Lord, fill me to overflowing so You will be my actions, my attitude and my words throughout this day. Thank You Jesus for being My Full Armor! Amen.

No comments: