Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Matthew 12:18-21 - "Overcomer"


This morning my reading in Matthew 12 was stopped on the words of Isaiah. He was speaking of Jesus in this passage and described Him as being 'chosen'...'loved'...filled with the Spirit...One who will speak out for His beliefs...One who will see victory! I was so excited to read these words and apply them to myself! As I live a life of holiness, I live by His example. Therefore, these words also describe me. Woo hoo! That is exciting to think about!  The 'bruised reed' and 'smoldering wick' are signs of weakness. Circumstances of this life can bruise us and try to put our 'light out' but we must stay strong in our faith. We must continue to do His will as He leads us. We must allow Him to strengthen us through the trials. When we do, we will receive the 'victory' He has in store for us! Christ does not want us to be defeated! His desire is for us to be victorious while on this earth so we can live in victory for eternity! 

We do not have to live in the 'junk' of this world but instead can live with His strength to overcome! 
We do not have to allow the enemy a foothold but instead can live with His strength to overcome! 

The way we can live victorious is to live a life surrendered to His will, 24/7! It is not enough to ask Jesus in your heart and be happy. We must take the next step and surrender everything to Him. That is when full victory will be realized!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your sanctifying grace You have given me to be an Overcomer! Thank You for the way You cleanse and purify! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for blessing me in abundance! Lord, I want to thank You for yesterday as I got to know my new friends better. I also want to thank You for today as I pray for my NCO friends. Lord, as I go throughout this day, please be my hands and feet. I pray for Your words and attitude to be mine. I pray for an abundance of Your wisdom today with all that is ahead in this day. Thank You Lord for being My Victor! Amen.


No comments: