Wednesday, August 24, 2016

James 4:14 - "I Will Follow"


I was thinking this morning about how Mordecei likes to be wherever I am. He trusts me to protect him and to care for his needs. He listens to me. He loves on me. A dog's loyalty to their master is one that goes very deep. The same loyalty is needed by us with our Master. The lyrics from "I Will Follow" were going through my head yesterday and again this morning...

Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow


This is the way I live. I want to be going where the Lord desires of me. I love the promise of the last part of this song...

I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone


Amen! He is all we need. As we live a life fully devoted to Him, we will hear His voice to know where we are to go and what we are to do. The first part of this song takes it one step further. He needs to go before us. For many people it is too hard to wait on God. If only more people would realize, it is in the waiting time that He is found to a greater depth. When He directs us to wait, it is for a reason. He has something special for us or He wants us to learn a lesson. No matter what, waiting is a special time when we seek Him. In James 4 he talks about how we should not worry about tomorrow. The Lord knows what is in store for us and we need to wait on Him.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the promise that You are all I need. Thank You for the many times in the past, present and future that You kept me in the waiting stage with circumstances. Thank You for the lessons that were learned and the ones that will be learned during the waiting times. Father, You know all. You know the career and where it is for my friend. You know the building You have in store for Beaufort Naz. You know all. Plain and simple. I pray for those in the waiting room to be seeking more of You and to not miss any opportunity You put before them. I pray for those waiting to not get ahead of You and manipulate circumstances. Father, I pray for myself to be filled with Your Holy Spirit in a mighty way so people will see and hear You today through me. Thank You for being My Master! Amen.


No comments: