Saturday, August 6, 2016

Matthew 10:7b-8 - "Break Every Chain"


Jesus gave the twelve apostles explicit things to do when He called them. In Matthew 10 He told them many things they were and were not to do. There were a few reasons great things happened as the apostles went around doing His business.

  • They were doing what the Lord told them to do.
  • They had faith He would provide whatever was needed to do as He requested of them.
  • The Lord prepared the way for them and led them where He desired of them to spread the Gospel.
  • The Lord empowered them with the Holy Spirit so healing would occur.
As I ponder on these things, I see the Lord working through some to do great things such as healing. I also see people He has sent out doing 'great things' as far as the world goes with growing a church numerically but the spiritual fruit is missing. I hear of this one or that one who has hit another milestone in their ministry yet their life is empty. It is sad to see people called by the Lord to choose the ways of the world. The last part of verse eight is key in how we are to live as believers. "Freely you have received; freely give." Yes! Freely with His love flowing through us! Freely with His empowerment flowing through us! Freely with His strength to do what He is calling us to do! We must break the chains of sin...of this world...of the past...in order to do as He desires of us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Word that encourages me so greatly! Thank You for Your love and empowerment that equips me to do what You desire of me! Thank You for the way You loved on me yesterday with time with Doc! You are so awesome in knowing what I need and providing! Lord, I am not sure what today holds but I know You will empower me through it to do whatever You desire of me. Fill me to overflowing with Your words, Your actions and Your attitude so people see You in me. Lord, I am so blessed by You. Thank You for comforting me last night as I missed Miss Clementine's birthday party. Another 'first' that was hard but Father I know I am where You want me to be. It was pretty cool receiving the message from my friend that last year I spoke of helping with a church plant at Hilton Head! Thank You Jesus for being My Life. Amen.

No comments: