Monday, February 1, 2016

I Peter 1:3-9 - "What Faith Can Do"


I love this picture from our trip to Israel. What a blessed time to be able to walk where Jesus walked...see the places He did...feel His presence in such a mighty way. I also love the verses in I Peter 1:3-9. They give such promises...'new birth'...'living hope'...'inheritance'... These promises are based on our faith. The trials we go through on this earth are short-term! Praise His Holy Name! Why do we have them? The answer is in verse seven. "These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."  Woo hoo! 'proven genuineness of your faith'...wow! As we daily live out our faith, He will be glorified! Not only will He be glorified but we will be saved! Oh how I pray for a deeper faith! How I desire to take my relationship with Him to a greater depth than I have ever been before. Why? Because I want to feel His breathe on me...I want to hear His voice more...the desire of my heart is to be one with Him. How can that happen? Through a deepening in my faith. I love the words to "What Faith Can Do"...

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do


Yes! I have experienced miracles...I have had prayers get answered...newness in brokenness! But I want to see these things happen more! I want to go deeper in my faith so He will work in and through me in mighty ways. Today as I was praying for a family who are going through a trying time with a child the Lord told me to tell them, "Expect a miracle!" I pray their faith will go deeper as they see the Lord work this miracle out in their loved one's life. I pray they will receive blessings through this time of trial.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the faith You have blessed me with and the deepening in my faith that is happening. Thank You for the depth You are taking me! Thank You for the miracles You are going to perform in these coming days! Thank You for these trials in my physical/mental/emotional being that are taking me deeper to You. Fill me with more of You..oh how I desire to have all of You to consume me. Thank You Jesus for being My Depth! Amen.

No comments: