Friday, February 26, 2016

John 8:31-32; Romans 12:1-2 - "Your Words"

I woke up this morning singing Third Day's "Your Words" and was immediately blessed with the way the Lord's Words are what we need to listen to. Whether it be through an audible voice or reading His Word...He is the One we need to not only hear but the Only One we need to listen to. People can give 'advice' on what we 'need to do' or 'should do' but the Lord's direction is the only one we must follow. Why? It is quite simple...

For Your words bring life
And Your voice speaks promises Lord, 

Your love offers more Than anything else in this world

Your words give us life that's never ending 

Your words bring us love that never fails 
Everything else will fade away
But what will remain
Are Your words


How can we hear His words? First of all, we must be in right relationship with Him. Secondly, we must be willing to not only hear His words but to listen to Him. It is easy to become distracted with things of this world. Busy schedules can take over a life in a second. He must be first in all that we do in order to truly hear Him. I remember a few years ago when I thought He was first in my life. I am so blessed in the way He opened my eyes to realizing what that really means. I go back to John 8:31-32 this morning....

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Yes! "If you hold to my teaching...the truth will set you free."  When we are living a life of surrender to Him, we are holding to His teaching. His Word directs us on how to live for Him.  Paul gives direction in Romans 12:1-2 on being 'living sacrifices'....


Yes! The key is found in these verses on how to live. We are not to be conformed to the world but to be transformed in Christ. That is the answer to living a life in His will. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for "Your Words"...whether they be in verbal or written form. Thank You for loving me enough to not only die for me but to live for me. Thank You for all the ways You show Your love to me each and every day. Your will...that is all I want for my life. I want to be the living sacrifice You so desire of me. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You. Give me Your words and Your attitude. Enable me to be the living sacrifice You want. Father, thank You for being My Will. Amen.

No comments: