Tuesday, February 23, 2016

John 8:31-32; Philippians 4:8 - "Diamonds"


As I read about strongholds in Rob's book called Bridging the Great Divide I began thinking about how strongholds are lies or misconceptions many are living in. How can we know how to handle a stronghold? How can we demolish a stronghold out of our life? Why would God allow a stronghold in our life? The answers to these questions are found in His Word. In order to know the answers, we first must study His Word. Being in His Word is part of the process to finding freedom from strongholds. It will enable a proper understanding of truth as shown in this picture. Confession, repentance, and holiness are also part of the cycle. 



As we continue in the cycle of freedom we must continually be in His Word in order to stay strong against the strongholds that come our way. That is imperative if we truly want to have the Lord's strength against them. Lies no longer have to be a part of our lives when we actually know His Word. His Word is truth. Jesus told the Jews in John 8:31-32, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” Woo hoo! Yes! The truth, His truth, is found in His Word. Something that sounds so simple yet is something many do not practice on a regular basis. I think of Philippians 4:8 that I call the 'junk in/junk out' verse...



When we follow this verse to think about anything that "...is excellent or praise worthy," the only thing that fully falls into this category is the Bible. Therefore, we need to fulfill this verse each and every day of our life. We need to be in study of His Word.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Rob's words which remind me of the importance of studying Your Word. Thank You for the reminder of how to brake strongholds. Thank You for the reminder of where to find true peace. Lord, increase the desire in me to be in Your Word more. I pray for more of You in my life. I pray for Your Holy Spirit to empower me to gain knowledge that I can't even imagine. Father, I am so grateful You are "...making diamonds out of dust..." Thank You for being My Truth! Amen.

No comments: