Monday, February 22, 2016

Ephesians 3:16-19 - "You Lead"

The Lord woke me up for over an hour at 12:15 to pray for a family going through a tough time. As I was praying I heard Him say, "Pray specifically." I thought how in the world am I suppose to pray specifically when I don't know specifics. Once again, "Pray specifically." I started thinking about the situation and asked the Lord to give me specifics, which He did. Then at the end of that time I prayed for Him to wake me again if needed. A couple hours later He woke me and told me to "pray specifically" which I did to the best of what I knew. The third time He woke me I told Him I didn't understand how I was to pray specifically when I didn't know specifics. To that He replied, "Where's your faith?" Now I was confused. What did my faith have to do with this family? He explained that it had nothing to do with this family but it had to do with me. If my faith is deep enough, I won't question when He tells me to do something that doesn't make sense but will do it. He didn't need my prayers in this situation, He already knows the outcome. But He did need my faithfulness. Wow! Thank You Jesus for this revelation! This picture reminds me of my relationship with the Lord. The buds represent before Christ; the buds that are starting to bloom represent a new life in Christ; the flowers that are blooming represent a life deeply grounded in Christ. The flowers are a product of nurturing and growth. They are what the Lord desires of all of us. His desire is for us to be a fragrant offering to Him.


I am accepting the prayer Paul gave to the Church of Ephesus in Ephesians 3:16-19...

16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You reveal things to me! Thank You for new life! Thank You for the way You speak to me AND the way I hear Your voice. Father, today is a new day. I pray You will fill me to overflowing with more of You. Direct my steps, may I speak Your words...may people see and hear You in and through me. Lord, use me in whatever way You so desire. Thank You for being My Creator. Amen.


No comments: