Saturday, February 6, 2016

I John 1:5; Genesis 1:2-3


This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5 ESV

Darkness cannot be where there is light. Plain and simple. Therefore, when we are being Christ-like there is no room for the evil one. As we are totally surrendered to His will and to His way there will be no empty crevices in our life for the enemy to dwell. We must have the "no vacancy" stance against the enemy at all times. How can that be? 
  • By living a life of surrender..that means He has control of our checkbook, our calendar, our family...
  • By living in His presence so we not only hear His voice but we are obedient to it...
  • By being in His Word each and every day...
  • By being in prayer seeking Him...
It is interesting that God created darkness first. In Genesis 1:2-3 it reads, And the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. In the same way, we must choose light over darkness. God gives us free choice but oh how His heart breaks when we choose darkness over Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for cementing into my mind that I must keep the "No Vacancy" sign up at all times against the evil one. Thank You for giving me free choice but most importantly thank You for giving me the desire in my heart to choose Light. Father, I pray for those who have not got to this point in life yet to come to the decision to choose Light. I pray for those who are trying to live in both worlds to see it just is not working. Holy Spirit, reign down in a mighty way for more people choose Light. Fill me with more of You so Your Light shines brightly through me. Thank You for being My Light. Amen.

No comments: