Saturday, February 13, 2016

Philippians 4:4-7 - "If We're Honest"


As one who ministers, sometimes I need reminded of what I say to others. Today is one of those days where I was grateful for the reminder of Philippians 4:4-7. When Mordecei woke me at 4AM to go outside, I tried to go back to sleep but I started thinking of everything I had to get done. Normally I would pray for the Lord to enable me to go back to sleep and He would. Today I prayed for that and was still awake. I asked Him if there was someone I needed to pray for but all I got was silence. After a few minutes He brought this scripture to my mind. He gave me the direction I am to go...

Rejoice
Be gentle
Do not be anxious
Pray
Accept His peace

Then Francesca Battistelli's song "If We're Honest" came to my mind. "There is freedom found when we lay our secrets down at the cross, at the cross." I do not have any secrets. Why is the Lord bringing this to my mind? Then I realized He was reminding me of how I use to be. I use to be afraid of not getting everything done on my 'to do list' every day. I use to be so worried about what everyone else wanted me to do. I use to fret over little things. I use to not have time for what was the most important aspect of life...God. Then when He opened my eyes to a life of surrender life changed. In this song it continues, "It would change our lives; It would set us free; It's what we need to be." Yes! I totally agree! A life of surrender sounds negative to the world but it is a positive. I am so grateful I no longer make a 'to-do list' or a 'to-do list' for my 'to-do list'! I am grateful for knowing what I do is what the Lord desires of me. He is the Only One I aim to please. His peace is the perfect place to live. After pondering on this I was blessed with another hour of sleep. Five hours is not near what my body is use to. But that's OK because the Lord will take care of me throughout this day. He will give me rest as needed. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders this morning of how to have Your peace. Thank You for the way You encourage me. Lord, I choose joy for this day! I choose to be gentle and not be anxious. I will pray as You direct me. Most of all I will accept Your peace. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your strength to be upon me this day...physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Lord, I'm not sure what You have in store for me today but I do know I will embrace whatever comes my way. Thank You Father for being My Counselor. Amen.

No comments: