Friday, February 5, 2016

Isaiah 43 - "Made Me Glad"


Walking into the sanctuary with a cane, very nauseated, very emotional, in pain...
Walking out of the sanctuary on my own strength, feeling very joyful and thankful...
I went expecting...I received...praise His Holy Name!!!

Oh my! Last night was so awesome for not just myself but for many others. I look forward to hearing stories of restoration in bodies and souls. The smiles on faces were priceless as pain was eradicated from bodies. As we heard the truth from Brother Dan I kept praying for miracles to occur last night. Of course I wanted a miracle in my own body but I kept telling the Lord what I really wanted was His will. When Brother Dan asked for any who wanted to receive empowerment to come forward, many went and stood across the front of the sanctuary. Suddenly I found myself kneeling on the steps...crying out...begging the Lord to take away my affliction. I don't know how long I was there but I felt hands touching me and heard prayers all around me. I begged and pleaded the Lord for Him to take it away. It seemed like it was so long that I continued. I cried...I moaned...I talked to Him. All of a sudden I felt different. There was peace in my stomach. I felt as if I was going to burst. Then I heard, "Sheila...Sheila...come here..." I walked over to Brother Dan and he prayed over me. He commanded the MS out of my body. He commanded restoration in the myelin of my brain. He commanded the pain to be gone from my legs. He commanded my site to be pure. He commanded fear to be gone from my life. With the authority given to him by the Holy Spirit he commanded. Woo hoo! The warmth flowed from the tip of my head to the tip of my toes and I was overwhelmed by His Spirit. I'm not sure what happened for a few minutes...the Spirit overtook me. My next recollection was sitting in front of Brother Dan and him praying over me more. He said the Lord was doing more than healing. "New things" were happening. This fulfilled what the Lord told me a couple days ago about "new life"...

It hit me this morning that it has been almost nine months since the MS exasperation hit my body. Nine months. What else takes nine months in a woman's body? New life. The Lord has seen me through some pretty rough days over these last months. He has seen me through treatments, physical therapy, sickness but He has been my strength through it all. Yes, there have been days I have felt like giving up but I refuse because He will not allow me to let the enemy win. 

I persevered...I refused to give up even last night as I begged the Lord to take away my affliction I did not give up. The enemy tried to get me to by telling me the Lord was not going to heal me again. I told the enemy that I was the King's Daughter and He would heal me. I trusted Him. I had faith in Him. I know He loves me. Those are the reasons I continued pleading. As I prayed I thought about the promises in Isaiah 43 and knew I had to stand on them.
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.

Do not be afraid, for I am with you...
18 “Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past.
19 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.
Praise His Holy Name! "...a new thing..." Yes! That is exactly what happened last night for not just myself but for many. I was shocked when the Lord woke me up at 3:23 and 5:32 because I figured I would sleep forever after last night. But then I was saddened with why He woke me. He said, "Daughter, pray against those who received but are doubting." So I prayed for exactly that. I prayed their strength in the Lord would be greater than the doubts and lies of the enemy. I prayed they would bask in the Lord's presence instead of wallowing in the enemy's junk. I also prayed for those who received but didn't realize what the Lord had done for them. I prayed against spiritual attacks on people.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You seems so inadequate for how I feel today. Once again Lord You have blessed me in a mighty way. Thank You for Brother Dan's obedience in driving five hours out of his way to come for last night's service. It wasn't out of Your way, was it Father? It was exactly what You had planned. Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus! Father, the words to "Made Me Glad" our on my lips this morning...
I will bless the Lord forever
And I will trust Him at all times
He has delivered me from all fear
And He has set my feet upon a rock
Yes! I am standing on this rock that You have put me on. I am pressing into You, Father. I am begging for more of You to ooze out of me. Lord, I want to be a 'little Jesus' as Brother Dan talked about last night. I want people to see and hear You instead of me. It was so cool when we came home last night and Mordecei was running all around and excited. It was if he knew something had happened! What a blessing when Brother Dan prayed for him too! You have given him to me to be my companion in good days and tough days and for that I am so grateful! Most of all I am grateful for the prayers and blessings over our family. Thank You for my husband who is my spiritual leader. Bless him in abundance with a physical, mental, emotional and most of all spiritual healing. Thank You Jesus for being "My Shield, My Strength, My Portion, Deliverer, My Shelter, Strong Tower, My Very Present Help In Time of Need". Amen.


2 comments:

Rich Henry said...

Sheila... PRAISE THE LORD ALMIGHTY, who has shown Himself strong! I am so glad I was there to witness and experience this with you - and to have the Lord touch me as well. This song, "Made Me Glad" is one of my favorites too! Praise His Name!

Unknown said...

beautiful post Sheila....I will continue to pray for your healing as well