Thursday, February 11, 2016

Ephesians 5:22-33 - "Even So"



My heart is full to overflowing as I reflect back on the way God performed miracles over the last couple of days....
  • the young man who the doctor prepared his family that there was little chance of him surviving surgery...yep, he did
  • the one who had surgery for cancer and the doctors were unsure of what they would fine...yep, they got it all
  • the little guy who was hospitalized for chemo...yep he went home
  • the fact that I able to be with a friend for surgery yesterday and drive her home...yep, that's what my God accomplishes through healing


Woo hoo! He is so awesome in the way He works. I am so blessed to know I live in His presence where I hear His voice, I am a recipient of His touch, my faith is not only grounded but growing deeper each and every day, and most of all I have eternity with Him in sight. This morning I woke up singing "Even So" and I must admit I was saddened as I sang these words...

Like a bride
Waiting for her groom
We'll be a church
Ready for You
Every heart longing for our King
We sing
Even so come
Lord Jesus come


Oh how I pray for more people to believe in Him. I also pray for those who do believe to be able to say they are ready for Him and they are longing for Him. The world cannot keep people so busy that they forget to make time for the Lord. Some are on the path of hell instead of heaven which breaks my heart. His Word tells us how we are to live but many have chosen to not follow it. Ephesians 5 gives us direction on the relationship between a husband and wife. There is also direction given for the  'church' which is the Bride of Christ. Just as a wife is to submit to her husband the church is to submit to Christ.

22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord, 23 because the husband is the head of the wife as also Christ is the head of the church—he himself being the savior of the body. 24 But as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her 26 to sanctify her by cleansing her with the washing of the water by the word, 27 so that he may present the church to himself as glorious—not having a stain or wrinkle, or any such blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In the same way husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one has ever hated his own body but he feeds it and takes care of it, just as Christ also does the church, 30 for we are members of his body. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and will be joined to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. 32 This mystery is great—but I am actually speaking with reference to Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless, each one of you must also love his own wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

The excitement and anticipation a bride feels for her wedding day should be an inkling of how we, as the church, are when we think of the return of Christ. When you think about all of the preparations that occur before a wedding, a lot of time is put into them. What about the return of Christ? Are we putting enough time into that? Are we excited about His return? Are we feeling anxious and worried or are we at peace that we have made the plans He so desires of us? Christ's desire is for people to be purified...sanctified. Are we allowing Him to work in and through us to accomplish that?
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the miracles of these last few days. Thank You for the reminder of what needs to happen before Your return. Lord, You are so awesome! You are so great! You are so wonderful! I love You so much and am so blessed by You! Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me. I felt so blessed to be able to be with my friend for surgery. Thank You seems inadequate to express how I feel. Father, fill me to overflowing with more of You. There are ones I know I will be talking with today and I pray there will be ones I don't know about. May I be You to them...may they see You in me...may they hear You in me. I pray for Your wisdom and Your love in my being. Thank You for being My Groom. Amen.

No comments: