Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Colossians 3:23-24 - "Move (Keep Walkin')"

I was singing Toby Mac's "Move (Keep Walkin')" and started tearing up over the many times I've been disappointed over people who have chosen to not live in a relationship with God. Some have blatantly refused Him while others are in and out of relationship with Him. When they 'need' Him, they cry out to Him yet when life is 'good' they turn away from Him. It breaks my heart to see people living in such a manner. It really breaks my heart to see children being raised in homes such as this. They are innocent yet their lives are being effected for eternity. Many will grow up seeing this as the way of life and not following the example of their parents. The Lord has told me I must not give up. Yes, He is coming back and I believe it will be soon. Until that time He has told me to keep sharing Him with everyone I come in contact with. The words to this song are so appropriate with what I need to do....

Move, keep walkin’ soldier keep movin’ on
Move, keep walkin’ until the mornin’ comes
Move, keep walkin’ soldier keep movin’ on
And lift your head, it ain’t over yet, ain’t over yet

Last week He gave this message to a friend for us...

My fellow Comrad, We are in a Battle but we know who the Champion is. In prayer this a.m. I heard this while praying for you and Pastor Doc-God is giving you Marching Orders. Full speed ahead. Onward Christian Soldier. Blessings. We are in this together. He is the Author and Finisher of our faith.

I am so blessed for fellow believers who not only listen to the Lord but who share what He tells them. We have been in a battle for a few months. Just when I feel like I can't take anymore the Lord blesses me with this. The Lord is and will continue to be my strength. One thing I learned many years ago in ministry is Colossians 3:23-24...



"...with all your heart..." There is no other way to do something. But the most important part of these verses comes in "...as working for the Lord, not for human masters..." He is the One I aim to please. Oh yes, it is nice when people are happy with what you do but if it is not His will then it is not good. His will is what I seek. His will is where I desire to live. His will is the ultimate place to bask in His peace. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of the need to keep "...movin on." When days are tough, You are with me and for that I am grateful. When going through difficult situations, You are growing my faith and for that I am grateful. When people put expectations on me, I pray about them. If they are not of You, I praise You for giving me peace. When people won't accept what I give them about You, You have enabled me to continue on without fretting. Once again, Your peace is perfect. Lord, wherever You lead me today I will go. Whatever words You desire out of mouth, I will speak. I am Your servant and the desire of my heart is to do Your will. Thank You Jesus for being My Commander. Amen.

No comments: