Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Various Scriptures - "I Am"


"God is fighting for you. Don't listen to the lies of the enemy. I love you."

When I received this message from a friend yesterday, I was overwhelmed with the Lord's love. He continues to amaze me in the ways He encourages me through others. Receiving this text from one who didn't know I was struggling in my physical body so badly at that particular moment showed me two things. One is that the Lord cares greatly for me. Secondly, this one was obedient to the Lord in telling me these words. It is so important when the Lord tells us to do something that we do it. 

"God is fighting for you." I feel like I am under such a tremendous battle like none I have ever experienced before. I get confused to think about how the enemy has any foothold in my life yet I struggle that God would make me go through these tough days one after another. God is not a God of confusion but the enemy loves to confuse. God has told me over and over to go deeper in my faith and I continue to do so. He also has told me to 'be still' and I have done my best. In Exodus 14:14 it reads, "“he LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.” 'fight' and 'still' are both action words. He will 'fight' and I will be 'still'. Moses gave this direction to the children of Israel when they were standing on the edge of the Red Sea with the Egyptian army closing in on them. The battle going on really wasn't between the Israelites and the Lord but instead between the Egyptians and the Lord. This morning the Lord revealed to me that the battle I am in is not mine. This battle is for lost souls. I am a tool the Lord is using to gain souls into His Kingdom. Wow! What a privilege to be used in this way. From this point forward I will stand on the promises of His Word in knowing this battle is His...








Dear Jesus,
This battle is Yours and I am grateful for that. I do not understand everything happening in my body but I don't have to. The only thing that matters is that You are using me to save souls. I am not sure how exactly everything is going to play out but once again I don't have to. You are in control..this is Your battle...use me in a mighty way. Fill me with more of You so people will see and hear You in me. Thank You Jesus for being My General. Amen.

No comments: