Wednesday, February 24, 2016

John 8:31-32 - "The Word"


"...and the truth will set you free." Yes! Free! The desire of my heart is to be totally free in Christ. The way to find such freedom is to be in His Word seeking His Will. When life seems perplexing, what do I need to do? I need to turn to the Word for answers. When people won't accept the Lord and what He has for them, I need to turn to the Word for guidance. When life is challenging, I need to turn to the Word for His peace. All of the answers are found in His Word. No other books are needed...only The One. It is all any of us need.

I think it's time I rediscover
All the ground that I have covered,
Like seek ye first what a verse
We are pressed but not crushed
Perplexed but don't despair
We are persecuted but not abandoned
We are no longer slaves
We are daughters and sons
And when we are weak we are very strong
And neither death nor life nor present
Nor future nor depth nor height
Can keep us from the love of Christ
And the Word I need is the Word that was
Who put on flesh to dwell with us
In the beginning


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Word! Thank You for the way You inspired each and every Word in Your Book! Thank You for giving me this Guide Book to follow no matter what is going on in my life. Lord, the challenges may be great but Your Word enables me to realize You are greater. Lord, I am seeking Your Will for the days ahead. I am seeking Your Will for all that I do. Enlighten me...reveal to me...give me what I need to see Your Will. Thank You Jesus for being My Word. Amen.


No comments: