Thursday, February 18, 2016

Philippians 1:27-30 - "Set A Fire"



If we are full of Jesus, He will flow from us...
If we are full of His love, we will love the unlovable...
If we are full of His goodness, we will be kind...
If we are full of His righteousness, we will strive to be Christ-like...
If we are full of 'junk', nastiness will come from our words and actions...
If we allow the trials of life to overwhelm the love of Christ in us, we will no longer have His peace but instead will be tormented by the enemy...

Paul's words to the Church of Philippi are ones we need to hear today...

27 Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, 28 and not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God. 29 For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, 30 engaged in the same conflict that you saw I had and now hear that I still have.

Matthew Henry writes...."There may be oneness of heart and affection among Christians, where there is diversity of judgment about many things. Faith is God's gift on the behalf of Christ; the ability and disposition to believe are from God." This world is full of doubt, disbelief, etc. We, as believers, must stand in faith on the salvation of the Lord. We must take that one step further and be sanctified in order to live in His complete peace. The way to be sanctified is to be pure and holy in Him. The way to be pure and holy in Him is by living a life of surrender where His will is sought each and every moment and His way is followed. Oh how the cry of my heart is for more of Him...

Set a fire down in my soul
That I can't contain
I can't control
I want more of you God
I want more of you God

Dear Jesus,
I pray for more of You to be in me today. I pray when people see or hear me they will know it is You. I pray for an anointing of the Holy Spirit to be so great on me today. Lord, I thank You for being My peace. I thank You for enabling me to lean on You in tough days and rejoice with You in good days. Thank You Father for the relationship we have. Thank You for the way You use me as Your servant. Thank You for giving me the desire in my heart to be Christ-like. Thank You Jesus for being My Example. Amen.


No comments: