Monday, February 8, 2016

II Chronicles 7 - "The Only Name (Yours Will Be)"


I woke up this morning singing a song Big Daddy Weave sings called "The Only Name (Yours Will Be)" and started smiling. Yes! He is "The only One whose favor I seek." I was reading a post about another one who received a healing in her physical body. I told her, 'claim it...proclaim it...share it!' That is a must when the Lord blesses us with a healing! As Brother Dan said Thursday night, when we tell others it gives them an open door to receive a healing. Yesterday in the service as I shared about my healing I prayed there would be someone in the audience who would receive a healing. I thought it was so awesome how someone who was not there Thursday night was healed through faith and prayers! Woo hoo! That just goes to show the power the Lord gives us! My heart was broken yesterday though as I prayed at the altar and the Lord revealed some things to me. Oh how I am praying for many of the Willard Church of the Nazarene to get to the end of themselves and allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through them. The Lord has given Doc a direction. I pray more will get on board with fulfilling II Chronicles 7:14. When I think of the story in II Chronicles 7 where the Lord answered Solomon's prayer, I think about how the Lord blesses leaders as they seek Him. The Lord also told Solomon what it will take for Him to answer the prayers of His people. I am praying the Willard Church of the Nazarene family will get to the point of doing these things in order for the Lord to bless our body.
  • "humble themselves..."
  • "pray..."
  • "seek my face..."
  • "turn from their wicked ways..."
When these things are accomplished, then He will...
  • "forgive their sin..."
  • "heal their land..."
  • He will have open eyes and hearing ears to the prayers
  • His "eyes" and "heart will always be there..."
Oh how I pray this church never hears these words...

‘Because they have forsaken the Lord, the God of their ancestors, who brought them out of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, worshiping and serving them—that is why he brought all this disaster on them.

I love what Matthew Henry writes about this set of Scripture...



"When he manifests himself as a consuming Fire to sinners, his people can rejoice in him as their Light." Woo hoo! Yes! Oh how I pray for more people to get to the point where the Lord is manifested in them. How I pray for people to desire the darkness out of their life so His Light can shine brightly! Surrender...sanctification...whatever word you want to put on it is imperative in our lives. As Oswald Chambers said, "Sanctification means being made one with Jesus so that the nature that controlled Him will control us. Are we really prepared for what that will cost? It will cost absolutely everything in us which is not of God." How I pray for more people to say 'yes' to surrender!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the promises of Your Word and the way You speak so clearly through Your Word. Lord, I pray for the Willard Church of the Nazarene body to get to the end of themselves and to allow You to be manifested in each and every one. I pray for Doc as he leads us. I pray for the Holy Spirit to have free reign in our services but people need to allow Him free reign in their lives. Oh how I pray for lives of surrender to the Lord. I am so thankful, Lord, for the way You continue to fill me up with more and more of You. I am so thankful for You in my life. Father, I don't know what You have in mind for today but whatever opportunities You have for me I accept them. Enable me to keep my eyes and ears open to all You desire for me to receive. I also ask for them to be closed to that You don't want me to see or hear. Lord, I must admit I am sick and tired of distractions and negative attitudes. As I asked of You yesterday, give me the right attitude and keep me from allowing people to cause issues in my own spiritual being. Thank You Father for being My Light. Amen.


No comments: