Sunday, February 7, 2016

Romans 12:1-2 - "Good, Good Father"


 
It has been a night of prayer for many different people. My heart is heavy for friends and family who are dealing with physical issues but the heaviness grows so deep when I think about their spiritual state. I can't even begin to imagine how the Lord feels to see so many walking away from Him or refusing to even accept Him at all. The senseless deaths to drugs are ones that I cannot comprehend how a family gets through. Hearing people say how 'good' someone was after they die when they were not in relationship with the Lord is another senseless thing. Praying for...

  • those who are choosing to be conformed to the ways of the world instead of being transformed by the Almighty
  • those who have decided corporate worship is not important in their lives
  • those who are thinking of going 'back to church' yet feel like they can't take the first step
  • those who have let something in the church get them up a miff tree so they quit
  • those who are allowing things of the world to take the place of corporate worship
  • those who are allowing people and activities to fill up their time instead of having daily time with the Lord
  • those whose calendars are so full they are missing out on their children's lives
  • those who are caught up in 'self' and can't see what the Lord wants of them
As I was praying the Lord opened my eyes up to a common factor in all of my prayers. The world has taken the Lord's place in too many lives. You don't have to go to church to be a Christian. But it is in a body of believers that you get fed spiritually, encouraged by people who are striving to be Christ-like, are more apt to seek God's will, etc. Today as we gather together as a church family there will be many missing. Some have been missing for a long time. My heart breaks to see people be sporadic in church attendance or quit going to church. They miss out on so much of God when they aren't in church. 

If we are to follow the guidelines in Romans 1:1-2, we will be a living sacrifice. What does that mean? It means we may do things we don't want to do. It means we may be up all night praying for people who may not even care. It means we will be willing to do whatever the Lord asks us to do. It means be Christ-like. If we are to follow Romans 1:1-2, we will strive to live a life of holiness. How does that happen? By being totally surrendered to the Lord. By being in His Word daily. By praying. By once again being willing to do whatever He asks. The result of this type of life is knowing you are pleasing Him as You live out His will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for using me to be a prayer warrior for many who aren't in relationship with You. Thank You for using me to pray for some who have fallen by the wayside. Thank You for using me to pray for the lost. Father, my heart is breaking over many. I can't even begin to imagine how You feel over people who continually refuse to accept You or people who have turned away from You. Father, comfort those who are grieving. But Father I pray for those who are grieving who do not know You to find You during these tough days. I also pray for those going through physical ailments to find You. Father, would You please fill me to overflowing with You? Would You please bless my efforts as I seek Your will? Would You please be my words and actions so people no longer see me but instead see You through me? Thank You for being My Good, Good Father. Amen.

No comments: