Friday, April 11, 2014

Romans 12:1-2 - "Pray"

As I pulled into the parking lot yesterday at the hospital the song "Pray" came on KLOVE.  I just couldn't turn it off until it was over.  This song is where I am so many days….

I bow my head to pray, I don't know what to say
I'm not sure how to fix the things I'm dealing with

I can't fix things.  Only the Lord can fix them.

I'm in a desperate place, I need to share the weight
But I just don't know how, to let it all pour out
Though I'm silent, my heart is crying
‘Cause I was made to come to You

Too many times we share with people when we need to share with the Lord.  Yes, He already knows but it enables us to see His Will easier when we go to Him.  (It's OK to share with others if AFTER we've talked with Him He leads us to them.)

So I pray
God I need You more than words can say
Right here in this moment
You know my heart, You know my need
You know every part of me
So even if it's just to speak Your name
I'm gonna pray

I love, love, love this part.  It is so awesome that it's OK if all we do is say His name.  Woo hoo!  Sometimes words just don't come but His Name on our lips is enough.

I failed to find the time, but You've been calling out
I let the days go by as if I could live without
But it's gotta be here now, I won't be pulled away
Cause it's just You and I, so let the world around us fade

Someone said yesterday that they can't even imagine what life would be like without the Lord in their daily walk.  How would you get through tough times without the Lord?  A lot of people do but I'm sure their life is not as easy as it could be.  The one thing that keeps coming back to me over and over is in order to live in His Presence one must be in relationship with Him.  Plain and simple yet words that are easier said than done.  I'm grateful for the way He has changed my life.  I'm so very thankful for the time in Illinois a few years back where I totally surrendered to Him.  It was at that time that His Presence was truly made known to me.  

You know my heart, You know my need
You know every part of me
More than words, You want my life
Take it as an offering

Yes, Lord!  I want my life to be an offering for You.  Each and every day…every breathe I take I want it to be for You.  More of You and less of me is the only way this can happen.  I want to  be the person in Romans 12:1-2.  My desire is to be a "...living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God.."  Why?  Because it is my "…true and proper worship."  We were talking in the Worship group the other night about how we were taught that worship is done at church when in fact it should be a 24/7 lifestyle.    

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You remind and encourage me.  I am so excited this morning for another day to worship You.  My physical body is tired and in pain but my spiritual body is renewed.  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus!  Father, would You do me a favor?  Would You enable me to live in such a way throughout this day for others to see You in me?  Would You bless me in abundance with opportunities to be You to others?  Thank You Father for being who You are in my life.  Thank You for Your love, Your mercy and Your grace.  Thank You for being My 24/7!  Amen.



No comments: