Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Isaiah 55:10-11 - Snow Again!!?!?!?!

We woke up to snow on the ground again.  I have to admit that it is pretty on the trees.  And I also have to admit that the Lord created snow just as He created the sunshine.  I use to love snow but this year changed my mind.  I must be getting old.  LOL  Why would we have sunshine and seventies on the weekend only to turn around to thirties and snow today?  Is the Lord playing jokes on us or what?  He must have a reason.  I found the reason in Isaiah 55:10-11…it is so we have food.  

“The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. (Isaiah 55:10-11 NLT)

But also in these verses I was reminded of the importance in doing His Will.  He tells us in the last part that when He sends out His Word that it "... always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it."  I was just having a discussion the other day with my husband about when people use such words as "always" or "never."  Those are strong words that imply just what they mean.  How many times do we say them when in fact they aren't true?  But I believe that the Lord meant them just as they are meant to be used.  "…always produces fruit."  It doesn't say sometimes but always.  WOW!  That means when we sow seeds for the Lord fruit will come from them.  That doesn't necessarily mean we will see that fruit because sometimes our circumstances change and we are no longer around people but there will be fruit.

I think a key is the way this verse ends.  "It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it."  First of all, we don't need to manipulate any circumstance we are in.  When we live in His Presence, we will know exactly what He wants of us.  He will lead and direct us to the ones who need Him and then He will give us the words to say.
I love this little piece of nugget here.  This is so exciting!  I, Sheila, am not responsible for doing anything other than sowing seeds for the Lord.  HE is the One responsible for producing the fruit from those seeds.  Woo hoo!  When we get this concept, we have such freedom in Him.

Dear Jesus,
First of all, I need to apologize for complaining about the snow.  I am so sorry.  Now that I read this verse I think maybe I'm the reason it snowed…LOL.  If it wouldn't have snowed, I wouldn't have been directed to this scripture which in turn wouldn't have reminded me of the importance of sowing seeds for You.  Thank You Father for the opportunities You gave me yesterday to sow seeds and for the opportunities You will give me today to sow seeds.  Lord, You are so awesome!  Father, I pray for those who are hurting today over the loss of loved ones.  Four deaths of people I was praying for within the last twenty-four hours is a lot.  I am thankful they each will be spending this Easter with You.  Please give the families some extra love.  As we draw near to the first anniversary of my Daddy's death I know the tough days they will go through as they miss their loved one.  Would You also be close to the family who are in the last days with their husband/father?  Give them an extra dose of You today.  Surround them with family and friends who will be You to them.  Thank You Jesus for being The One To Prosper!  Amen.

No comments: