Friday, April 4, 2014

Philippians 4:6 - "Let There Be Peace On Earth"

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.” Philippians 4:6 NLT

This verse is one that sounds much easier than it is for some to accomplish.  But when you get into the habit of communicating with God it becomes much easier.  Communication with Him allows you to hear Him to know not only what you need to do but also to know what He will do for you.  I am totally amazed at the peace He gives me even through stressful or tough times.  He is there with me and I know that because I stay in communication with Him.  

He amazes me on how many opportunities He puts before me to pray for.  Today I am praying for many who don't even live in my little world and some I don't even know but have been asked to pray for.  Prayers going out to…

…the man who was recently diagnosed with cancer and in the process of testing they found he needed heart surgery.  Yesterday he had a successful quadruple bypass.  Praise the Lord for the cancer because had it not been for it the heart issue may not have been found until he died suddenly of a heart attack.  Praying not only for physical needs but for spiritual needs for him and his family.

…the young lady tentatively diagnosed with myasthenia gravis.  Praying for her parents who are traveling to be with her.

…the young man who was in ICU from being in an accident Sunday.  Praying for wisdom for the doctors and strength for his family.

…the man having surgery this morning.  Praying for the results from the surgery and strength for him and his family.

…the two who have lost jobs.  Praying for them to be able to hear from the Lord on what direction they are to go.

…the husband/father who was "healthy" one day and now in Hospice care the next.  Praying for these last days here on this earth to be meaningful for him and his family.

…the lady who has battled breast cancer and now is given little time.  Praying for the spiritual needs of her and her family.

…the one who is having relationship issues with family members.  Praying for the Lord to be so real to them that they will realize He is the answer to the issues.

…the parents who tragically lost their little boy.  Praying not only for comfort for this family but also for mending of relationships.

When I pray the Lord's Prayer, I truly mean it.  "…on earth, as it is in heaven…"  Heaven has no pain.  Heaven has no disease.  Heaven has no need for any doctors or medicine.  Heaven is perfect.  Someday I know we will live in a world of perfect.  I am longing for that day.  I long to no longer deal with all the sickness on this earth.  I long to no longer deal with people fighting with one another.  I long for the peace there will be in heaven.  Until that day I will continue to pray for peace on this earth.  The song goes, "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me…"  Yes Lord, use me as an instrument of peace for You today.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray for others.  Thank You for the peace You give me in my own life.  I praise You, Father, for the way we communicate.  Thank You for directing me down the path I am on.  Father, I pray You will use me to be an instrument of peace for You today.  Guide my words.  Guide my steps.  Guide me, Father, to be what You so desire of me.  Thank You Jesus for being My Peace.  Amen.


No comments: