Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Colossians 3:23-24 - My Master

Thank You Jesus for a wonderful time of rest and relaxation with my honey.   I am so blessed by the way You shower me with Your love.  You totally amaze me with the way You care for us.  While we were away not only did You take care of everything here at home but You also protected us with many miles of air, sea and car travel.  Your protection over us in Fort Lauderdale with two guardian angels was the topping on the sundae!  Thank You for all You did for us over the last eleven days.   We are so blessed.  I am also thankful for the way You refreshed and renewed us.  The reminder of Colossians 3:23-24 was crucial for me.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

As Your servant, I get caught up in doing things that others won't do.  That's not what You expect of me.  You expect me to do as You desire.  Lord, I try to keep focused by living in Your Presence but I know there are times that I fail.  I am sorry for those times.  There are times I worry about what others are thinking or how I can help them with things they are going through.  That is also not my responsibility.  I need to remember that when You, Lord, desire me to do something for someone You will be very clear with direction.

So here I am…awake three hours before the clock goes off…starting to drive myself crazy with the "to do" list.  The last couple of days before vacation I went crazy with trying to get everything done before leaving.  Now I feel like I have to get caught up on everything that I missed doing while gone.  I don't want to miss something from You, Lord, doing "stuff".  Sure "stuff" on the list is good and I know You are part of it.  But is the "stuff" what You want of me?  Lord, would You please open my eyes on what I can get rid of off the list?  Would You please bless me with clear focus on what You want of me? 

Father, once again I praise Your Holy Name for all You bless us with.  I praise You for the two guardian angels You sent in Fort Lauderdale.  I praise You for the witness we were to many while we were away.  I praise You for the rest You gave us.  I praise You for the renewal in our spirits.  I praise You for the knowledge that You reminded me of with Colossians 3:23-24.  Father, fill me with more of You and less of me.  Thank You, Father, for being My Master.  Amen. 


No comments: