Wednesday, April 9, 2014

James 1:2-4 - Thy Will

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  James 1:2-4

These words of James chapter 1 seem so appropriate this morning.  There are so many people going through tough days.  As I told a few different ones yesterday, sometimes the tough stuff comes because the enemy puts it before us but we must also realize at times the tough stuff is there from the Lord to grow our faith.  God knows what is best for us.  He also knows the timing of when we need things.  When we pray "Lord, make my day go better," what we have in mind and what He has in mind of what would make our day better can be two different things.  Being late leaving the house due to one thing or another can be horrible for us but it could be the Lord saving us from a tragic car accident.  When we live in relationship with Him, we live with grace that is sufficient for everything.  We need to remember to live and pray in all things, "Not my will, but Thing be done!" (Luke 22:42)

Today I am praying for the Lord's Will not only for my own life but for others…

…my Momma who found out her brace can't come off for showers
…the single Moms who deal each and every day alone parenting their children
…the one having surgery today
…the one preparing for a medical test today
…the one going through treatments
…the one told there will be no more treatments due to them not helping
…the autistic children have issues at school
…the one desperately looking for a job
…the one recently diagnosed with cancer
…the one praying for the Lord's direction with a big decision in life
…the pastors struggling with the upcoming weeks in the life of the church with all going on

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being the One to direct my life.  Thank You for enabling me to pray for Your Will in all I do.  Father, I pray You will be so real to believers today.  Show them Your Glory in such a way that there will be no doubt You are directing their lives.  Father, I pray for more of You and less of me in my own life.  I pray You will touch me with a physical healing today in the areas that I'm dealing with pain.  But Father I also pray if this pain is Your Will…Your Way of teaching me something then I will learn it.  Father, You are so awesome in the all You do for me, in me and through me.  Thank You Jesus for being My Will.  Amen.

No comments: