Friday, April 18, 2014

Philippians 4:13 - Community Good Friday Walk Devotional

What I shared at our Community Good Friday Walk….

Twenty years ago I could not have...

  • walked the walk we just did because I was not able to physically walk due to a MS diagnosis
    • not only was I physically worn down but I was spiritually, mentally and emotionally worn

Over these twenty years I have learned...
  • how to physically walk again through therapy
  • how to lean upon the Lord’s strength to get me through not only the “good” days but also the “bad” days of living with a disease

The Lord gave me Philippians 4:13 twenty years ago and I’ve held onto it throughout the years.  He said, “Sheila you can do all things through me who gives you strength.”  He told me then that in order to physically walk again I would need to make sure my walk with Him was on track.  My physical therapy enabled me to go from the bed and wheelchair to using a walker to using a cane and finally on my own.  There have been times over these last twenty years where I have lost the capability to walk normally, talk normally, and even see normally.  But through it all the Lord continues to be My Strength.

A few years ago my walk with Him went a step closer as I started practicing living in His Presence.  Each and every day before my feet hit the floor I ask Him to guide my steps and to give me opportunity to be His servant.  I ask Him to fill me with more of Him and less of myself.  You might ask “Why?”  Because I want to continue to walk with Him in Glory when I leave this earth.  It is only because of what Our Heavenly Father did by sacrificing His Only Son that we are able to live today.  It is through His sacrifice that we can be His servants.  It is only through Jesus’ death and resurrection that we can walk with Him.  


I challenge each of you to take a closer walk with Him.  Draw closer to Him so that you can hear the desires of His heart for you.  

No comments: