Monday, April 21, 2014

Philippians 4:13 - The One to Fulfill & Sustain Me

One of the most common issues I have with my MS is when my brain and mouth don't work together.   I know a lot of people have the same problem from time to time but when it's associated with MS it becomes more prominent when I'm overly tired or stressed.  Sometimes the things I say make some sort of sense while other times there is no correlation to the words that come out of my mouth.  There are also things that I always say wrong unless I stop and really concentrate on what I'm saying.  For instance, when Doc is going to mow the yard I always say he is going to run the sweeper.  Another thing is I always call the nursing home the funeral home.   My friends and family have quite a few laughs over what I say.  There are times when Doc just looks at me and after going through two or three words I finally find the right one and he shakes his head.  But through all of those times I am so grateful for not only a terrific husband who doesn't get mad at me for things I can't control but also for a Great God who helps me when I am called into the hospital to pray for people.  Sometimes the situations are very stressful.  Other times I am physically tired and struggling.  All the time the Lord is there with me.  The mile and a half between my house and the hospital is spent praying for Him to speak through me.  He hasn't failed me yet and I don't believe He will.

Today has been one of those days where the words came out wrong.  It's been a day of frustration in dealing on the phone and computer with different ones.  Part of that I think is because the weekend was tiring.  So what do I do about it?  I listen to my body and go rest.  I also pray to not be called in but if I do that the Lord will fill me with His Words.   Another thing I do is to remind myself of His promise to me…I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  (Philippians 4:13)

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for such an awesome day yesterday.  With it being the one year anniversary of my Daddy's death I wasn't quite sure how it would be.  But You blessed me in abundance and for that I'm grateful.  Thank You for the family and friends that were so instrumental in making the day what it was.  Thank You for a husband who supports me so greatly.  Thank You for my Momma having a good day.  Father, You are so awesome in all the ways You bless us.  Thank You Jesus for being The One To Fulfill and Sustain Me!  Amen.

No comments: