Friday, April 25, 2014

Philippians 4:13 - "Trading My Sorrows"

While in the shower this morning I started singing "Trading My Sorrows" with such an intensity.  Then it was just as though the Lord said, "That's what many have done this week."  Wow!  The week started off with finding out of a death and then another and another.  I remember when the second call came Doc said, "Well that's two so there will be one more."  (Old saying of deaths coming in threes.)  This morning the call for number six came in.  My first thought was "OK…two sets of three done."  Five minutes later I found out of number seven.  

When I think about the lyrics to this song, I am excited for the ones who died…

…for the ones who were suffering with a disease such as cancer, ALS, or alzheimer's…
I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying them down
For the joy of the Lord

All of the ones who died said…
"Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord"
Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord
Yes Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord, Amen"

Each of the ones who passed who were believers can say…
"His joy comes with the morning…"  
Their morning was when they went to be with the Lord.  

We don't like to let go of people when they die but when we stop and think about it we can rejoice for them.  They are no longer in the pain they had on this earth.  They are no longer dealing with medication, doctors, testing, etc. that came with diseases.  I'm not quite sure what to say to the parents of the one pound baby who only lived a short time other than the Lord will love on their little girl and be there for their strength to get through this tough time.  Knowing she won't have to deal with the junk of this world can be a comfort but probably not while her death is so fresh in their lives.

I pray for all the family members as they are 
"...pressed but not crushed...Persecuted not abandoned...Struck down but not destroyed…"  
I pray for them to lean on the Lord for His Strength.  I pray they will not only read but believe Philippians 4:13…I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Strength to get through tough days.  Thank You for loving us in such a mighty way.  Father, comfort those who are grieving.  Use Your servants to be there for them in exactly the way You desire.  Thank You Jesus for being My Strength.  Amen.



No comments: