Friday, April 18, 2014

James 1:12 - "Blessings"

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.  James 1:12




Yesterday was a day of blessing for my dear Momma.  She was given good news from the doctor that will allow her to only wear the hip brace for just bedtime and the wrist brace not at all. She has been through some tough days dealing with this bump in the road.  I am so thankful for her faith that enables her to continue on.  I woke up thinking about all she has been through over the years but especially in the last four years with caring for my Daddy for three years and then having him gone this last year.  Laura Story's song "Blessings" came to my lips.  I know she has and will continue to be blessed by the "…trials of this life…"  I also know she will continue to walk with the Lord no matter what comes her way.  His strength is her strength.  

'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
And what if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You're near
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the achings of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
And what if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my Momma's faith in You that allows her to carry on without my Daddy.  Thank You for the example she gives to all of just what it means to be Your follower.  Father, I thank You for the good news yesterday for her at the doctor and for the way You are working everything out for the days ahead.  I praise You Father for not only the "Blessings" You have put into her life but for the "Blessings" You have put into my life.  It is through those "Blessings" that we draw closer to You.  Thank You Father for being My Blessing Maker.  Amen.

No comments: