Saturday, April 5, 2014

Revelation 2:7 - Victory in the Holy Spirit


How appropriate in seeing this picture yesterday as I am dealing with this cold junk.  Even though a cold is not a biggy in the scheme of life it still can get you down.  It not only drains you physically but can also drain you emotionally and spiritually.  That's where the Holy Spirit's strength comes in.  His empowerment is greater than a simple cold.  His empowerment is greater than larger issues we face in life.  When we stay close to Him, He gets us through everything in such a much easier way.

Revelation 2:7 tells that the Holy Spirit is active in our lives.  Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.  These are exciting words to me!  When we hear the Spirit, we will be with God in paradise.  Woo hoo!  I would take that one step further and say when we listen to the Spirit because sometimes we hear but don't listen. 

I think one of the biggest changes in my life since I started listening to the Holy Spirit is the peace I have.  I have learned to not try to tell Him what I think the best answer is but to be open to whatever He has in store for me.  He knows what is best, I don't.  He sees the big picture, I don't.  I walk by faith in knowing that whatever, wherever the Lord takes me is the right place.  In order to have this peace I know I must live in His Presence.  When I do, then I am in constant communication with Him.  It is only there that I will be able to hear and listen to Him.

Dear Jesus,
I do pray for a healing upon this cold junk in my body.  I pray for Your Strength to do what You put before me.  Lord, I thank You I have learned to not only hear but also to listen to Your Holy Spirit.  Thank You Jesus for our relationship.  I praise You for the peace I have in You.  Lord, Thank You for being My Holy Spirit.  Amen. 


No comments: