Monday, April 28, 2014

Proverbs 3:6; Isaiah 40:21 - It Was Worth It

Crashed computer…sound system not working…call from a worker who overslept…a mother falling apart as she came in the door…  This is how our day began at church yesterday.  I was feeling so defeated.  After I got back from picking up my Momma between Sunday School and church Doc found me and told me he needed me to pray for him because he was feeling so out-of-sorts with all going on.  My first thought was, "You need me to pray for you?!?!?!?  I need prayer myself."  We closed the office door and holding hands I prayed.  I had the greatest sense of peace wash over me as I prayed for it.  It was so encouraging.  I prayed if these things were from the Lord, then we would know His direction.  If they were from the enemy, I asked the Lord to squelch him before he did any damage.

Due to the computer crash when I went home to get Momma I picked up my laptop to use as the offering was counted.  As Doc started preaching I asked Karol if they could always hear him that loudly.  She chuckled and said "some times but not usually."  I was anxious to get done so I could hear his message.  When he opened up the altars for those who wanted to surrender to the Lord, three responded.  He called upon the pastors to come up and pray for them.  The Lord blessed me with the opportunity to pray for two very sweet ladies.  After we were done I glanced over and saw the men were still praying with one so I walked over and started praying too.  

The Lord tapped me on the shoulder and told me I needed to pray over the Mom and family that came in upset earlier.  I wasn't quite sure if I should go to her and pray privately or what and all of a sudden the Lord told me to speak to the congregation.  I don't know what I said but the next thing I know the family is at the altar and our church family were gathered around them praying.  It was an awesome time to experience.  It was kind of funny afterward when Doc told me he didn't know what was going on.  He said as they finished praying the next thing he knew I was preaching.  I told him I was doing as the Lord directed.

There was another one who listened as the Lord spoke to them.  One of the ladies shared with me last night how she had such a rough start getting to church.  First she overslept and she was suppose to be in with the children helping during the Sunday School time.  When she finally started out for church she realized she had forgot something and had to turn around and go back home.  When she finally got back on the road at 10:42 (service starts at 10:45), she thought "my goodness the devil is trying to keep me from church today."  After she went to the altar she says, "It was worth it."

That's how I feel about the day…"it was worth it."  Going through all of the things we went through was tough but "it was worth it."  Knowing at least three people's lives changed yesterday "it was worth it."  Being able to follow the Lord's direction with no idea of what I was doing would put a lot of people out of their comfort zone.  But "it was worth it."  I am so grateful to have experienced yesterday with my church family.  I pray those who were visiting will see exactly how our church cares for one another.  I pray for those who wanted to go to the altar but didn't to be able to talk to a pastor about what they are thinking from the sermon yesterday.  

Proverbs 3:6   In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.

In order for me to do as the Lord desired of me yesterday, I first had to be in relationship with Him.  I had to know Him in an intimate way.  The desires of His heart are the desires of my heart.  As I seek more of Him and less of me He is always on my mind and in my heart.  As I follow His lead, I allow His wisdom to be a part of me and His divine action to lead me.  Yesterday as I prayed for peace for us, I was asking for His wisdom to endure the things that were happening and also for the strength to do whatever we needed to do.    

Isaiah 40:21   Your own ears will hear Him. Right behind you a voice will say, “This is the way you should go,” whether it be to the right or to the left.
God is here, walking beside us, urging us on to do His will.   When we don't know the right words to say, He gives them to us.  When we don't know the direction to go, He takes us there.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday…the "good" and the "bad" of the day.  I am so thankful for the knowledge that You are there for us 24/7.  I praise Your Holy Name that You have me in a place where not only do I hear You but I am obedient and listen to You.  You are so awesome Lord!  I love You so much and am so grateful for the way You guide my steps.  Thank You Father!  I praise Your Holy Name for being My Guide!  Amen.

1 comment:

sister in Christ said...

What an inspiration you are thanks for sharing!