Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Matthew 6:9-13 - Praying for the Lord's Will

The Lord woke me up in the middle of the night to talk to me about praying His Will.  When we pray for His Will we have to be ready to accept His Will whatever it may be.  That could include…

…losing a loved one
…going through a difficult time in your marriage
…a major health issue with a family member
…troubles in a close relationship
…change in circumstances such as new position at work or even a new job
…seeing a loved one go through trials in order to come to the end of their rope and accept the Lord

The list goes on and on.  But when you get right down to it we should always pray for His Will.  We should never manipulate circumstances that we have been praying about in order to get things accomplished the way we want them.  Matthew 6:9-13 gives us directly from the Lord how we should pray.

Our Father, which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth,
As it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
The power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen.

"Thy will be done in earth, As it is in heaven."  Plain and simple.  I think sometimes we forget this and go our own way.  We need to believe in the words of I John 5:14-15.
    This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. (NIV)
"…the confidence….if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us."  When I think about having confidence, I think of boldness.  When we truly pray for His will, we need to speak with boldness.  My prayers do not include any going around the bush but rather are direct and concise.  I have confidence that He not only hears my prayers but He will answer my prayers.

His answer may not be what I thought it would be but I guarantee when I follow His answer I will be blessed as I walk in His Will.  Woo hoo!  That is so exciting!  I love the relationship I have with my Lord.  I love knowing He is always here for me.  That's the most important thing in my life.  Living in His Presence…communing with Him 24/7…no better place to be.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these reminders of praying for Your Will.  I praise You Father for continuing to guide me in such a way that is so awesome for me to be a part of.  Father, for those who are praying for life changing decisions I pray they will be living in Your Will.  I pray they will listen and accept Your Will and not try to manipulate what You lay before them.  Father, I thank You once again for Your love, Your mercy and Your grace.  Thank You Jesus for being My Will.  Amen.

No comments: