Saturday, April 26, 2014

II Peter 3:14-16 - "I Will Rise"


I am so grateful for the way the Lord continues to encourage me through days of ministering. So many hurting people…so many people who need the Lord.  The only way for people to know His peace is to be in relationship with Him.  I love the words to "I Will Rise" by Chris Tomlin.

There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say, it is well

I think one of the things that happens so often in people's lives is the way the enemy keeps after them about their past.  The past is the past when we repent.  The Lord washes the past away.  Yes, there are times He brings things up to remind us of where we use to be and what He has done for us.  But the times of reminder that bring guilt or doubt are from the enemy not the Lord.  The Lord doesn't want to shame us or make us feel bad.  He wants to encourage us.  We have victory only through His blood that was shed on the cross for each of us.

Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

I saw this picture this morning and thought it was appropriate for my writing today….



The Lord can't heal us when we don't allow Him into our life.  In order to have His peace we first must allow Him to forgive us.  One must also forgive themselves in order to walk down the path of healing.  While on this earth we can rise from the depths of sin when we accept all the Lord has for us.  Then when we are called to heaven we once again can "…rise on eagle's wings…"  


And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagle's wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise, I will rise

Both of those days will be days of celebration.  But the thing I continue to be reminded of over and over is that each and every day I wake up is a day of celebration with the Lord in control of my life.  Woo hoo!  I don't have to wait until I get to heaven to hear His Voice.  That is exciting!  It is also exciting to live in the knowledge that "I will rise when He calls my name…" whether here or there.  I am ready!  I am excited!  I feel like I am going to bust out of my skin this morning.  Woo hoo!

None know the day or time the Lord will return.  I want to live each and every day ready for Him.  II Peter 3:14-16 reads…


Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;  and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,  as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.  II Peter 3:14-16 NKJV


Matthew Henry writes about this passage….

"Those, whose sins are pardoned, and their peace made with God, are the only safe and happy people; therefore follow after peace, and that with all men; follow after holiness as well as peace. Never expect to be found at that day of God in peace, if you are lazy and idle in this your day, in which we must finish the work given us to do. Only the diligent Christian will be the happy Christian in the day of the Lord. Our Lord will suddenly come to us, or shortly call us to him; and shall he find us idle? Learn to make a right use of the patience of our Lord, who as yet delays his coming."

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Love, Your Mercy, Your Grace.  You are so awesome, Lord! Oh Father, how I pray for more people to come into relationship with You.  Please use me today to be You to others…please give me opportunities to share You with others.  Thank You Jesus for being My Savior!  Amen.

No comments: