Tuesday, April 1, 2014

John 4:23-24 - Storms of Life

“Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit.”  Luke 23:46

When I woke up in the wee hours Friday morning rocking back and forth on the water of the Caribbean, my first thought was, "we are going to die but at least it will be together".  My second thought was the scripture of Jesus' Words in Luke 23:46.  I was scared but those words gave me comfort.  As I laid there thinking and praying the Lord reminded me that He was in control and I fell back asleep.  Three times I woke up to those words…"Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit."  Every time I was reassured of His protection.  Did He stop the high waves from happening?  No, but He did give me assurance of His protection for us.  I was reminded that when storms of this life come along He is there to protect us.  During the night I got the sense that a big storm is brewing.  I don't know what it is but I know that the Lord will see us through.  I started to think about some different things it "could be" when the Lord reminded me that He is the Only One that needs to know.  What I need to do is to remember that His Power is greater than all.  In order to have His Power, I must continue to live in His Presence.  When I do, I will be ready for the storms ahead.

John 4:23-24

“It’s who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That’s the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration.”

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your protection.  Thank You for Your love.  Thank You for Your provision of safety over the many miles we have traveled these last few days.  First the situation in Fort Lauderdale and then the storm on the water…wow, Lord You sure have showed Yourself in a mighty way!  Thank You for being Our Protector!  Amen.

No comments: