Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ephesians 2:14-18 - Roller Coaster of Emotions

Oh my goodness!  I feel like I've been on a roller coaster of emotions over the last few days.  Just as I don't like to ride real roller coasters I sure don't like the roller coaster I've been on.  But through it all I have been reminded the Lord is in control.  He is in control of not only the "good" stuff but also the "bad" stuff.  For this knowledge, I am sooooo grateful.

On this weekend when we are celebrating the death and resurrection of our Lord, I am also celebrating His Peace that He gives me.  His Peace is only possible through His Death.  His Death broke down the dividing wall between my sin and His Perfection.  As I think about this, I get the Holy Spirit goosebumps.  Woo hoo!  The way I am able to have His Peace comes through walls of my own being broken down.  I first had to ask Him into my heart but even then I truly didn't have all of His Peace that was available to me.  It was only after I totally surrendered to Him that His Peace became so great in my life.  

I am reminded of the church sign saying:  "No God, No Peace; Know God, Know Peace."  It goes so much deeper than that.  You can know Him without having all of the peace that is available to you.  You have to life a life totally surrendered to Him in order to truly know His Peace.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace,16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.  
Ephesians 2:14-18

Oh my, did the emotions flow yesterday.  Not only through the "good" stuff but also during the "bad" stuff that happened.  Did that mean I didn't trust the Lord?  No.  It meant that I am a human being who God created to have emotions.  It's OK to cry. Tears are refreshing and healing.  But the tears didn't continue because I knew the Lord was in control.  

Dear Jesus,
I pray for more of You and less of me.  Father, I need an abundance of You today.  Please remind me of Your Strength that I have as I go throughout this day.  I praise You for the way You will direct my path.  Lord, I continue to pray for so many who also have been on an emotional roller coaster.  Most importantly I pray for them to know Your Peace.  Father, be so real to all of us today.  Thank You for being My Peace.  Amen.

No comments: